If you wish to use Eudora to read your webmail, one of the most common problems we come across is the inability to SEND email. So if you are receiving mail OK but you can't seem to send, it's probably a Port problem. When setting up, you need to ensure that the Port is set at 26. Here's how you can do this (special thanks to our Client Barrie Billinge for submitting this great info!)
Eudora has chosen to hide the Port change option in verison 6.0 and up, making it more difficult to make this change. If you have purchased Eudora, we would suggest contacting them about making this option available by default again. To enable changeing ports:
- Navigate to your Eudora install directory.
- Look in the Eudora directory for the directory "extrastuff".
- In this directory is a file named "esoteric.epi". Drag (copy or move) this file into the main Eudora directory. There will now be options extra listed, including a Ports page.
To change the outgoing mail port from 25 to 26:
- Launch Eudora
- Drop down the Tools menu, and choose Options
- Click on Ports
- Change the port from 25 to 26
- Click OK
- Restart Eudora
You might also like to take a look at the Eudora tutorial video in our Email Config video tutorials found in your Client Area here